Mesa, Ariz., Jul 14, 2021 –MD Helicopters, Inc. (MDHI) announces its enhanced glass cockpit MD530F aircraft is expanding its demonstration flight tour this month. The aircraft will travel across Texas, Louisiana, Georgia, Tennessee, Kentucky, Missouri, and Oklahoma from July 20 to August 11, providing operators and agencies the opportunity to experience its superior power and performance firsthand with a comprehensive aircraft tour and demonstration flight.
As a part of the tour, the aircraft will participate in APSCON in New Orleans, providing demonstration flights throughout the show.
The demonstration tour schedule is as follows*:
- San Antonio, Texas Jul 20, 21
- Houston, Texas Jul 22, 23
- Baton Rouge, Louisiana Jul 24
- New Orleans, Louisiana Jul 25 – 30 (APSCON)
- Savannah, Georgia Jul 31 – Aug 1
- Atlanta, Georgia Aug 2, 3
- Nashville, Tennessee Aug 4
- Frankfort, Kentucky Aug 5
- St. Louis, Missouri Aug 6
- Kansas City, Missouri Aug 7 – 9
- Oklahoma City, Oklahoma Aug 10
Parties interested in an on-site demo and tour in any of these locations can contact MDHI Director of Public Safety Sales John “Jack” Harris.
The MD 530F is the latest model in the versatile and proven single-engine line, delivering increased operational capabilities, greater mission versatility, and superior performance. The aircraft’s updated design allows for increased configuration flexibility to fit any mission.
The MD 530F’s recent approval for increased max takeoff gross weight from 3,100 lb to 3,350 lb in August 2020 boosts performance and useful load while maintaining a safety margin to support mission options. The updated helicopter also incorporates an optional advanced NVIS-B interior designed to enhance safety during nighttime patrol, surveillance, and tactical operations. The technologically advanced certified glass cockpit features the Garmin G500 TXi, Electronic Flight Instruments (EFIS), Howell Instruments Electronic Engine Instruments and Crew Alert Systems (EICAS), and Garmin GTN 650 Touchscreen NAV/COM/GPS.
* Note: Weather or unforeseeable circumstances may change or delay demonstration dates and locations.