MDHI display features newly designed MD 6XX Concept aircraft, MD 902 with all-new glass cockpit, and a broad range of enhancements to the company’s cutting-edge customer support resource, MyMD.aero
At HAI Heli-Expo 2017 in Dallas, Texas, MD Helicopters, Inc. (MDHI) will debut a range of technology and design-based enhancements for both their single-engine and MD 902 Explorer platforms as well as capability upgrades to MyMD.aero, the company’s cutting-edge customer support portal. The cornerstones of MDHI’s booth (#9349) will be the MD 902 with an all-new glass cockpit, and the debut of the MD 6XX Concept aircraft. Announced by MD Helicopters’ CEO Lynn Tilton at the 2016 HAI Heli-Expo, the MD 6XX is a next-generation, multi-mission helicopter that will set new standards for power, performance and multi-mission capabilities across military, law enforcement, EMS/air medical, and special operations markets.
“I have always been a believer in being the maker of things; in the majesty and freedom of flight; in forward-leaning technology; and the idea that there should be elegance and beauty inherent to the design of all products ,” said Lynn Tilton, Chief Executive Officer of MD Helicopters. “I have driven our team to embrace disruption in order to move faster and farther than those around me since acquiring MD Helicopters in 2005. Evidence of this team’s commitment to my vision has never been more apparent than it is this year, with these products and this display.”
MD Helicopters’ 2017 booth is a reflection of the company’s commitment to design and disruption. Each aircraft on display combines engineering and manufacturing excellence with next-generation technology and a design aesthetic that is both functional and beautiful.
- MD 902 with Glass Cockpit
- The all-new glass cockpit for the MD 902 is built around the IDU-680 displays from Genesys Aerosystems.
- These all glass primary displays offer 100% digital, open architecture for aircraft-independent installation and are upgradeable to add new functionality without replacing hardware components.
- MD 6XX Concept Aircraft
- Announced at HAI Heli-Expo 2016, visitors to the 2017 show will be introduced to the first prototype model of this high-performance, multi-mission single engine helicopter.
- Features two Genesys IDU-680 primary displays, and two Macro-Blue Tactical Displays with TekFusion Mission Management System
- Configured with a newly certified EMS interior from Air Ambulance Technologies.
- MyMD.aero Customer Support Portal
- Enhancements to the MyMD.aero portal will provide MDHI customers a wide range of additional features, including Software as a Service solution and mobile access as examples.
- A Range of Upgraded Interior Concepts designed by MD Helicopters CEO, Lynn Tilton
- Inspired by the elegance of luxury automotive interiors, MDHI will display six new interior design concepts that are the embodiment of functional elegance.
“I am proud of the accomplishments of this team,” Tilton concludes. “I believe the industry will see a new MD Helicopters at the 2017 HAI Heli-Expo, one whose technology will pave a path for a great future.”
To learn more, be sure to stop by the MDHI booth, #9349, during HAI Heli-Expo at the Kay Bailey Hutchinson Convention Center, Dallas, TX, March 7-9, 2017.